Al Fada Anodes Production Company started establishing a manufacturing plant to take Green Petroleum Coke to produce Carbon Anodes and taking desulfurized residue from the refinery to produce Needle Coke and then to produce Graphite Electrodes. The company has obtained government approval from the Public Authority for Industry in Kuwait, and all permits and licenses to start construction.
Carbon anode is a primary raw material used in the manufacture of aluminum. With the prospects for aluminum production in the region looking promising, Al Fada is interested in establishing the first standalone carbon anode producing plant in the GCC region. Green petroleum coke is a by product of the oil refining process and is a primary raw material used in the manufacture of carbon anodes. Given Kuwait’s massive oil refining capacity comparative to its size, anode grade GPC used in the manufacture of carbon anodes is a substance that is more freely available in Kuwait than most other countries globally.
Al Fada has obtained an investment license and the support of Kuwait Foreign Investment Bureau (KFIB)/Kuwait Direct Investment Promotion Authority (KDIPA) to set-up a carbon anode manufacturing plant in Kuwait, as well as being eligible to the following benefits and enablers:
· Has long-term agreements for raw materials purchase with KPC and KNPC and long-term agreements for sales on Take or Pay and Cost-Plus basis with Maaden and Ukraine Government.
· Exemption from paying custom duties on the import of equipment and on export of carbon anodes for sale.
· Use of land facility in KDIPA /PAFI Industrial Zone including a dedicated power substation and water supply for production activities from the Ministry of Electricity and Water in Kuwait.
· A tax holiday on income earned from the project for a period of up to 8 years from the start of operations.
· The plant layout has been designed and will comprise primary facilities of a vertical shaft calciner, paste plant and baking furnace in addition to administrative offices, a laboratory and maintenance facilities.
· The investment amount for Al-Fada project is approx. USD 2.1 Billion.
Tel: (965) 22404943
Fax: (965) 22454601
PO Box: 4536 Safat